Sunday, June 3, 2007

dating update

June is not going to be a depressing month, dammit!

The cycle has begun again.

Got a number last week out with Serino from a gal in Folsom. 22, very cute, does reverse mortgages, going back to school to be an interior designer. Jenna. Talked on Wed., should call her tomorow.

Had coffee with Emily on Thursday. Match. 30, purple streaks in her hair, formerly batted for the other team, has a 2 year old, in grad school, went to O'Dowd, very down to earth, pretty cute (she is 30 after all), seems like a lot of fun. I'm not sure if I like her or not, but I'd like to see her again to find out.

Had dinner with Tracy on Thursday. Good kisser, pretty cute, 24, old lead from Match (went out six months ago and stood her up on the second date because I was unknowingly trying to forget a certain Texan by overconsuming alcohol the night before). I like her.

Had a drink and a snack (not quite dinner) Friday night with Ann. Hands down, the single worst date I've ever been on. She roasted me. I kept waiting for the punch line, but it never came. I didn't get the vibe that she hated guys, nor the vibe that she disliked me, but she just wouldn't stop insulting me. The only thing I regret is not calling her on it more directly. Why would she agree to meet me if she was going to do that? Stunningly odd and negative. Good thing I'd had two good dates the day before, or I'd be back in women-hating mode again already. (lol)

Today I was out with Rachel after visiting Lauren C. (yes, she's one of them) this afternoon. We did a little shopping in Walnut Creek and she ended up playing wingman for me while I picked up on Danielle, who is really cute, seems super upbeat and fun, and was diggin' on Alfie. Happy place. I'm considering breaking my own rules and calling tomorrow night instead of waiting the standard two days. Our vibe was that good -- so good, in fact, that I have this tiny little feeling that waiting a solid two days would turn her off because it would signal regimented playah-playah status. Which isn't necessarily false, but I'm looking for good pillow talk, not conquest. I dunno. I'll decide tomorrow.

Pipeline is stacked. Gotta plan first dates with Jenna, Danielle, and a Simone.

Good times.

No comments: