So I was feeling the urge to write personal stuff without alpha-male humor (the other blog) or business lessons (the other other blog) and yet I found myself not wanting to come here.
There's so little positive stuff in here to-date that I can't help but associate this blog with only the deep dark skeletons.
But whatever. I'm not gonna go start yet another personal blog.
So I'm having trouble with work. My problem is that I'm working too much. It's so hard to say, "no, I have to go to class" when clients call and ask for things. I mean, everyone is great -- it's not like I'm getting external pressue. It's all internal. It just seems, well, more rewarding to write up architecture docs or fix bugs. I like being the hero, and I like being good at what I'm doing, even as I'm learning on the fly.
It's a weird sensation. Like, when I talk to the few friends I have here who know how old I am, I feel like the same guy -- older, but still young. Cool because I'm older, not in spite of it. Then, on the other hand, I have the youngsters who think I'm one of them and I'm just... normal. Still attractive and smart, sure, but the things they value are different, and the very things that I'm proud of -- about me -- I can't even disclose.
...
Got distracted. Too busy socializing... sorry for the truncated post.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment