Another family-derived hook up this past weekend. We'll call her Snowboard chick. We met three years ago, but I "always had a girl on my arm".
We slept together four days in a row starting thanksgiving night. I'm pretty bummed today, because I left her this morning with few words, wondering if I was going to get teary.
"Well. You live far away, and I'm moving god knows where in 4-6 months anyway, and even if you did live here we're both really busy.
"So I'm left with... enjoying our time together. Enjoying you, and us, today, and the experience.
"I mean, yes, call me, don't get me wrong, I want to see you again, and I miss you just thinking about it, but all we can do is enjoy each other for right now.
"Besides, you'll be back to the bay area before too long. Stay with me next time."
Yeah, she's awesome. I just can't help but wonder why it took so long to hook up. Why not this time a year ago? Heh.
So... I'm not teary. I'm bummed, to be sure, and obviously distracted (I have 20 hours of work to do in the next 8, but am I working on that!?), but not actually down. Not hopeful, either, but perhaps wondering if I should be. I guess we'll see, right...
--
btw, Ayla, Happy Birthday. I thought of you this week and wondered where you were and what you were doing. I hope that you had fun and that you're well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment