Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Boundary establishment -- first steps.

I went out with this girl three times. She was great, but far too busy. In the month we chatted, she was sick twice, out of town twice, and worked her arse off all the time. Part of finding what you want and/or need is denying people who don't fit, right?

This is in reply to her cancelling on something. She had asked if I could get together 'next Monday', which meant a couple of days ago.

Another one bites the dust. C'est La Vie.

---

I'm sorry I never followed up. I've been pretty reclusive, actually -- falling back on the work/gym daily routine.

Brutal honesty? I sorta feel like you don't have time for a boy in your life. Or, you do, but it would be one of those barely-once-a-week routines, and while it could be fun (you're still cute/fun/smart of course), I suppose (yes, i'm conflicted about sending this) I'm looking for something more.

I guess I feel like it wouldn't make me happy. Either we date for a couple of months and I really like you and feel in last place (bleah), or we never really take each other seriously and devolve into just friends or the friends-with-benefits routine.

So... (gulp) at this point I'm not interested in pursuing anything.

I suppose if I have it all wrong and you've just been selectively unavailable in an effort to stay mysterious, let me know. I'd be glad to give it another shot.
Or look me up once you make partner and you get your work schedule under 70 hours a week. :-)

In any event, I sincerely hope you stay happy and healthy. I also hope you find whatever it is your looking for in a partner. I'm also very open to staying friends and would be delighted to join you as an escort to any social engagement.

No comments: