I've been closing over a half dozen bugs a day on my baby. It's tiring.
I've been drinking more. Well, no, not really, but I'm just finishing my third glass now, and such a state makes the current buzz feel constant and incessant. Heh. Love that enthanol stuff.
I started dating Brie again. She was there. She pushed. I saw/see the great attributes she has, I was questioned by friends I trust about my ability to push the few things I find in her I can question, and I decided to give it a go.
I was wrong. I am now an asshole. I will break up with her in a day or two... and it will be terrible. I will make her cry.
Again.
I'm not over the last one. Nothing she could do would be good enough. Nothing she could say, be, or become would change the fact that my heart is still broken.
It sucks. She's such a great girl.
My inability to push her away makes me a prick. I want to push through this and pretend to love her just because.
I might even try for a few more days.
I'm pretty sure it's a bad sign when you turn down sex with the girl you just started dating last week. Right?
I blamed the desire to be romantic. "I don't want to love you and then leave you."
Sigh. Talk about a self-fulfilling prophecy.
Rebound. It sucks. No-strings-attached sex was nice. Free-spirited. Release.
But thinking I could give it a go with someone else... I'm an idiot.
I'm no better than her. Yeah. Her.
I could blame it on the state of drama I'm in, on the fact that my head is and has been spinning for quite some time. And, truly, a god worth believing in would forgive me. A parent worth loving would forgive me.
But Brie shouldn't. Just as I shouldn't forgive Mel.
I'm supposed to be better than this. I'm supposed to not push shit downhill. I'm not supposed to crap on employees when I get shat upon. (love that word, "shat". LOL!) I'm not supposed to make another girl cry because someone is careless with my heart.
I'm not supposed to pass on my pain. It is supposed to be the cross I bear, the tragedy I swallow, the melancholy I quiet.
It's not fair.
She's a good girl. When I break her heart tomorrow, I'm pushing her one step closer to being among the self-centered bitches that have scorned me over and over. And over.
This week I have not made the world a better place. I have taken back six months of effort.
This week I am a bad person.
All that is left is for me to decide what I can possibly say to make it not scar.
--
I suppose the best thing to do would be to tell the truth. Figure out what that truth is for myself, first, then convey it as best I can.
The truth is that I need a couple of months of loneliness. As much as I lament it, these times are needed. As strong as I think I am, the truth is that I am weak. I need crutches to make it through life -- work, coffee, gym, booze, and vagina. In that order.
Could it work out with her later? Maybe.
Probably not. She'd have to become more free-spirited, less rigid, and more athletic. I'd have to become less adventurous, more satisfied with less, and place more emphasis on potential motherhood than a mate who can be actually be a confidant, friend, and lover. I need to be challenged... and she doesn't. Not in any way.
A pity. If I were ok with cheating, or overt using... she'd be like manna from heaven.
But the truth is not that either of us are "too good for each other" or "deserve better". We just aren't a good match. I seem attractive to her because... well shit, I don't know. 'cuz I'm awesome! duh! And she seems attractive to me because I'm used to getting shit on and it's nice to have someone appreciate me and show it.
But it's not enough.
:-(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment